Home design trends come and go, but there are some classic trends that seem to continue coming back into popularity. One of today’s most popular home design trends is modern farmhouse design: a style that combines the classic, cozy look of a farmhouse with modern accents and features to optimize aesthetic appeal and functionality. If you’re thinking about designing your space with a farmhouse style, keep reading for some farmhouse ideas and modern farmhouse plans.
Modern farmhouse plans
There are all kinds of benefits of using modern farmhouse design elements. Not only does modern farmhouse design offer the perfect balance of coziness and modernity, but it’s also a very popular style that appeals to home buyers and can boost home value. Here are a few farmhouse ideas to help inspire you to design a living space that’s perfect for your needs:
- Clean contrast: One of the design elements that’s most closely associated with modern farmhouse design is clean, contrasting colors. Black and white tiles are very popular for kitchen floors and backsplashes. Combining bright white countertops and cabinets with black accents and fixtures is another great way to achieve clean contrast in a farmhouse-inspired space.
- Authentic wood: Another key design element in modern farmhouse plans is the use of rustic wood materials. Exposed beams, butcher block counters and wood flooring are all popular options in modern farmhouse spaces. Authentic wood really pops out against bright white walls and cabinets, so it’s a great addition to a kitchen space.
- Industrial lighting: When it comes to modern farmhouse plans, proper lighting is essential. In modern farmhouse design, cozy rustic features and accents are contrasted with industrial lighting features that create visual interest while making a space more modern and contemporary. Brushed metal fixtures or clear glass fixtures are both great options for modern farmhouse lighting.
- Brick and stone: Farmhouse design is all about authentic materials, including brick and stone. An exposed brick or stone wall makes the perfect accent to a farmhouse-inspired space. Many homeowners also paint brick with white paint to highlight the texture while maintaining the bright aesthetic of the farmhouse style.
- Shiplap: Shiplap has skyrocketed in popularity over the past several years, and it’s very commonly used in modern farmhouse plans. Shiplap is achieved using horizontal planks of wood to create a unique, textured accent in a living space. Shiplap is great for everything from accent walls to ceilings, and can be painted to match virtually any look.
Farmhouse home design
If you’re interested in making your modern farmhouse plans a reality for your home, reach out to the team of expert designers at Perry House Plans. For over 60 years, our team has been committed to providing comprehensive design and architectural services to help our customers through every step in the home construction process. No matter your vision for your new home, our team is here to make it happen. Find out more about what we have to offer and get started with a quote and a consultation by giving our team a call today.
Categorised in: Uncategorized