If you’re in the market for a new custom home, the style in which you decide to construct your new home should ultimately depend on your own personal preferences—the type of home that you like should be the type of home that you decide to construct. It’s important, however, to also consider the potential resale value of your custom home, in the event that you do decide to move on. Homes built in more popular styles may be worth more money later on down the road.
Because of this, you may be wondering about the latest national trends. There are a number of styles, both old and new, that are continuing to increase in popularity as the American real estate market booms.
The key to constructing a home that both meets your aesthetic desires and will retain its value over time is working with a trusted, expert provider of architectural design in Oklahoma City, OK. Here are just some of the most popular current home trends that you can begin exploring and making your own:
- Craftsman: These inventive, eclectic homes combine simple finishes with beautiful natural materials. Craftsman homes, inspired by the Arts and Crafts movement of the early 20th century, are a timeless, ever-popular stylistic choice. There are few more desirable home styles than the creative, unique Craftsman.
- Cape Cod: Regardless of where you live in the United States, you can take the classic New England design of the Cape Cod home and feel like you’re sitting in front of the roaring Atlantic Ocean. The Cape Cod house style features shingle siding, a central chimney and steep roofs.
- Colonial: The Colonial (or Colonial Revival) style of home is a distinctly American invention that harkens back to the simple, early dwellings of American cities like Boston, Baltimore and Philadelphia. Colonial homes are humble yet stately, simple yet elegant. They feature upper-level dormers and shuttered windows.
- Mid-Century Modern: Sleek glass paneling, natural construction materials and an abundance of space and natural light define Mid-Century Modern homes, which have waxed and waned in popularity since their inception in the late 1940s and early 1950s. Mid-Century Modern is a distinct style that emphasizes clean lines and promotes communion with nature and natural elements.
- Ranch: Commonly found throughout the American Southwest, the Ranch style of housing is another distinctive American architectural tradition. Ranch homes are almost always on a single story.
Additionally, they are exceptionally simple, and border on utilitarian. Ranch homes also include flat or gently sloping rooflines and open floor plans.
Since 1959, Perry House Plans has been a trusted provider of architectural design in Oklahoma City, OK. We offer a range of pre-designed plans and offer comprehensive custom home design services. Additionally, we can serve as the general contractor on your home project. We maintain strong, robust relationships with a number of local industry professionals, including subcontractors, which allows us to secure you the best possible rates. Call one of our friendly, knowledgeable representatives today to learn more.