Investing in a custom-built home means creating your dream living space. Everything you’ve ever wanted and so much more is finally possible when you hire a home designer to make your dream home a reality. However, many homebuyers are curious about choosing a floor plan in Oklahoma City, OK that will meet all of their needs.
Questions about the land or lot
You’ll review quite a bit of information to educate yourself before making a decision when it comes to how to choose a floor plan in Oklahoma City, OK. This includes asking your real estate agent, house designer, contractor and yourself a number of questions. The first questions you need to answer pertain to where you are building your new home.
Some of the questions you’ll want to ask include:
- Is the lot you’ve purchased big enough for the floor plan you have in mind?
- Does the floor plan require certain land specifications?
- Are there unique building codes for the area or development you are constructing your home in?
- If the property has a beautiful view, how will you orient the house on the land to enjoy the landscape from certain rooms?
Questions about size
When choosing a floor plan in Oklahoma City, OK, you have to consider what you and your family require in terms of size and space. You need to know:
- Is your family growing or downsizing?
- Will you be caring for elderly family members in the near future?
- Do you host many out-of-town guests?
- What hobbies do you enjoy? Do these require dedicated space?
- How often do you entertain, and how many guests usually attend these gatherings?
Questions about style and design
Most people are already thinking about house style when considering how to choose a floor plan in Oklahoma City, OK. You may envision a specific architectural style or design, but before settling on anything, you need to discuss:
- Do you need a single-level home, or can it have stairs?
- Does an HOA prohibit you from building in specific styles?
- Are you trying to match your current furniture and home accessories with your new house? If so, what aesthetic are these pieces?
- How do you want your home to match the surrounding environment? Can you incorporate existing natural features into your design?
The opportunity to build your very own home is a dream come true. To make sure your new house is exactly as you imagined, you also want to ask your team and yourself:
- If you enjoy cooking, what do you need from your kitchen?
- How do you want to use the outdoor space surrounding your home?
- Do you have special accessibility requirements that need to be accommodated?
- How do you want to accommodate any existing or future pets?
When choosing a floor plan in Oklahoma City, OK, you’re going to have a million questions. That’s why clients trust Perry House Plans to construct the perfect homes and businesses. For over six decades, families and organizations have brought their building projects to our team. Contact us today with your questions.
Categorised in: Custom Floor Plans