Most homeowners don’t realize how drastically exterior siding impacts the overall look of a house. Also, too many believe the misconception that there are limited exterior siding options in Oklahoma City, OK. In fact, there are quite a few options to choose from with exterior siding, and your decision will increase curb appeal for your home.
How to choose the right siding
As you consider different exterior siding ideas in Oklahoma City, OK, there are some important factors to consider:
- What is the architectural style of your home, and what siding will best match it?
- What is the overall look of your neighborhood or subdivision?
- Are you trying to achieve a specific aesthetic for the exterior of your home?
- What siding materials will best complement your home and its surroundings?
- What type of climate conditions will this siding experience over the years to come?
Different types of siding to consider
When shopping around, people are always so surprised by the variety of exterior siding options in Oklahoma City, OK. Since siding plays a fundamental role in influencing the exterior aesthetic of your home, manufacturers want to meet customers’ needs and are always expanding their product lines. Your options for exterior siding include:
- Traditional stucco: Made of cement, inert materials and water, stucco is durable and easy to tint.
- Vinyl: Made from polyvinyl chloride (PVC) plastic, this type of siding won’t rot or flake like its wood or cedar counterparts. However, vinyl siding will melt in high temperatures. More often than not, vinyl siding is usually the most budget-friendly option.
- Aluminum: Easy to maintain and another cost-effective option, aluminum siding is a popular choice for families wanting to achieve a nostalgic or vintage look for their homes.
- Corrugated metal: Traditionally used for roofs and in industrial settings, corrugated metal siding is actually a very sleek look that holds up well against cold winter weather.
- Engineered wood: Also known as composite wood, this siding is made from a combination of wood and other materials. Available in siding panels, engineered wood is inexpensive to purchase, easy to install and gives your home a natural charm.
- Cedar shingle: Also called shakes, cedar shingle siding looks amazing on homes in wooded settings. Shakes are also easier to maintain than other wood siding options, like clapboard.
- Seamless steel: Similar to aluminum siding, seamless steel experiences minimal changes when outdoor temperatures fluctuate. This is available in both metal and wood textures.
- Board and batten: This siding features vertical lines and is ideal for buildings that want to appear taller.
- Stone veneer: Building a home from stone is an expensive undertaking. Fortunately, pre-cast stone veneer siding is far more affordable and looks just as impressive.
- Wood clapboard: Made from real wood, such as cedar, pine or spruce, clapboard can make outdated homes look like new.
As you shop around for exterior siding ideas in Oklahoma City, OK, keep an open mind. You have many options to explore and consider. If you have questions about choosing the right exterior siding for your home, get in touch with us today!
Categorised in: Home Design